Wednesday

WELCOME

Welcome to my Healthy Boomers & Beyond blog! I am very excited to begin sharing my experience as a personal fitness trainer for the Baby Boomer and Senior population with you. For my first post, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself and what I think I can share that might help you or someone you know.
I have spent nearly thirty years in the health and wellness industry. My experience ranges from teaching fitness classes to creating and coordinating fitness programs in Continuing Care facilities, physical therapy practices and health clubs. For the past decade, I have specialized in personal training for the older population, including Baby Boomers, seniors, and those with physical limitations. The challenge to create effective exercise programs for those whose bodies require a little extra care is one I embrace. We all know that exercise is a non-negotiable requirement for improving our health and maintaining our independence for as long as possible. But when your joints ache or you have arthritis, osteoporosis, joint replacements or a host of other limitations, how can you exercise safely?
These are the issues I would like to address, hopefully providing you with useful information and exercise suggestions so that you, too, can improve your health and well-being. Exercise can be fun, time-efficient and safe for all ages, especially those of us who are graying at the temples!
I welcome your feedback, questions and suggestions so that my blog can benefit you. I hear the concerns of my clients every day, and I work with their bodies in ways that I hope will strengthen them and relieve their pain. Renewing their well-being, both physical and psychological is my mission. Let me help you too!
Look for my next post this weekend. Until then, move your body just a little bit more tomorrow than you did today. Each extra step we take, every extra movement we make, helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment